8.06.2011

In The Beginning...

Okay so this sounds extremely cheesy but you know at the end of The Little Mermaid (favorite childhood movie) when Ariel is singing the song "Part of Your World" and she said "I don't know when, I don't know how, but I know something's starting right now. Watch and you'll see, someday i'll be part of your world." Well I pretty much feel like singing that right now. Ridiculous, I know. But it's true! I am about to be part of the insane world that is New York City.

Through some miracle (it had to be a miracle) I have landed an internship at DKNY. Now for those of you who don't follow fashion DKNY is a brand by Donna Karan who is a MAJOR fashion designer. Her clothes can be seen being worn by celebrities on the red carpet to put into perspective how big of a deal she is. It's an amazing company and an amazing opportunity. I sent them my resume and cover letter, had my first interview, my second interview, and got the internship! I can't wait to get started! I'm not sure exactly what i'm going to be doing on a daily basis but I know that i'll be helping with their sweepstakes, marketing, etc. I emailed my supervisor and asked if I was going to be able to work the Mercedes Benz Fashion Week and i'm praying that I do. Oh and PS. the office i'll be working at is in Times Square!!!


Obviously with all of this going on I have a LOT of planning to do. Luckily, i've already found a place to live. It wasn't my first choice but it's still amazing. My first choice was a building that was literally down the street from the DKNY offices. I called at 10am and they had it available. Two hours later it was sold. Since then i've found a beautiful building in Brooklyn. It's an easy subway ride to the city and has everything I could want. You can see the video and info by clicking here.



I've still got to get my plane ticket, secure my loan, pack my stuff, etc. But my official move-in date is August 28th!!! My official start date for DKNY is September 1st. I'll be keeping up with this blog for the duration of the internship and will document my trip from beginning to end. Stay tuned and let's see if my dreams really will come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment